[Gllug] open source centric ICT in Schools from Sept 2012 ?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:31:36 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012, Chris Bell <chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk> wrote:
>>    I have asked around how teachers are expected to find out about anything
> other than Microsoft, but there was absolutely no attempt to inform,
> although there do seem to be more exhibitors who have heard something about
> FOSS and/or Linux. Someone on the Cambridge stand thought it would be
> unlikely because they could not sell it.

Chris, you know this already, as does everyone here. So I am not berating you.

'Free' as in Freedom, not in Beer.
RedHat and SuSE  make plenty of money from FOSS, thankyou very much.
You work for a company - you want reliable servers, you want support,
you will pay for it.
There's a well established model of paying for support and services
around free software.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk