[Gllug] Guardian editorial on Raspberry Pi

Alec Battles alec.battles at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 18:44:01 UTC 2012

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/mar/01/raspberry-pi-computing-under-bonnet
>
> "As for software, no one, no matter how bright, can flower into a
> boffin without the chance to tinker around with code. Proprietary
> platforms like Windows make that difficult ? the bonnet is welded shut
> ? so the Pi will run on open-source Linux."

that seems to be the idea.

the video for that article was a bit funny. gotta admit, LXDE is a
window manager i will never use twice.

in a recent Debian install, pcmanfm needed several hours of
'customization' to get things working properly. so when i heard the
guy in the video saying of LXDE, 'it's a lot like a windows
interface,' i thought, ha ha... tell me about it.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk