[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux Systems Administrator

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 16:22:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:02:20 +0100 Keith Edmunds <kae at midnighthax.com>
wrote:

> > So, presumably, you'll be giving yourself a stern ticking off for
> > the schoolboy grammar error in your first sentence :)
>
> Absolutely!

Actually I don't consider it to be a grammatical error, but, rather, a
colloquialism.

But please note that the adjective from "grammar" is "grammatical", not
"grammar"!

The trouble with being pedantic about the English language is that you
run the risk of making errors yourself. On the other hand, I'd be a bit
wary of someone who used "i" in a formal document, unless they
happened to be e.e.cummings,

--
 All the best,
 John