[Gllug] Fedora 16 Startup

Mick Farmer mick at plan7.co.uk
Sun May 6 20:51:02 UTC 2012

Dear Stuart,

I've looked at more "advice" sights than I've had hot dinners.  My
current summary of the situation is as follows.

File /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 is set up for static IP,
but is never activated.

However, Fedora always starts Wired-connection-1 which, I assume, uses
DHCP by default.  There is no Wired-connection-1 in the scripts
directory, but the interface is still named eth0 by ifconfig.

nm-connection-editor shows Wired-connection-1 and eth0 as available
interfaces, but eth0 is shown as not activated while Wired-connection-1
shows activation which agrees with my login time, etc.

So, put simply, my OS is not using the appropriate script, but takes its
own course of action.  I can't find where this is defined.

Regards,

Mick

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk