[GLLUG] 1/ Hosting provider

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Tue Oct 2 10:57:50 UTC 2012

DL Neil <gllug at getaroundtoit.co.uk> writes:

> Jan,
>

> On 10/02/2012 07:01 PM, Jan Henkins wrote:
>> I should have clarified here that I use Gandi *only* for their DNS

Likewise, I use Gandi for DNS, and have never had a problem with them,
and was very pleased when they set up business and offered an escape
route from the blithering idiots at Network Solutions Inc (NSI).

On the other hand, when it comes to hosting, you may find this
informative:

  http://vincentsanders.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/education-is-when-you-read-fine-print.html

Cheers, Phil.

P.S Vince is a friend of mine, so this isn't just some random person
that I found ranting on the web -- he's also a UK based Debian
Developer, who works on ARM stuff in Cambridge, which probably means
that quite a few people on this list also know him.