[GLLUG] 1/ Hosting provider

Chris Miles chrismil at cix.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 16:30:25 UTC 2012

On 02/10/12 00:26, DL Neil wrote:
> Chris,
>

> On 10/02/2012 05:38 AM, Chris Miles wrote:
>> You could try gandi.net. I used to have a connection with the
>> company. They handle DNS themselves, provide webmail and hosting.
>>
>> Chris
>

> =thanks for the suggestion.
>
> =Am reading through their stuff now and formulating questions/checks...
>
> ="Used to have". Why did you change?
> (or by "connection" are we not talking 'wires' or being a customer)

The simple version of the story is: where I work used to own them. We
have separated to get a clearer business objective - they do DNS and
hosting, we do a website builder aimed at designers and non-technical
people - www.moonfruit.com. We host some of our services/test machines
with them.

Sorry I don't have the personal experience; I used the hosting product
during its beta phases but have not needed to set up new stuff since.

Chris