[GLLUG] Meet Up Thursday

Matthew Copperwaite mattcopp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 06:52:42 UTC 2012

On 20 Sep 2012 03:44, "JLMS" <jjllmmss at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 17 Sep 2012 18:19, "Christopher Hunter" <cehunter at gb-x.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 17:50 +0100, Matthew Copperwaite wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Just a quick reminder about the Meet Up this Thursday 20th at the The
> > > William Blake Pub on Old Street from 6pm.
> > >
> > > I hope to see you all there,
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > The William Blake Pub
> > > 174-180 Old Street
> > > London
> > > EC1V 9BP
> >
> > All
> >
> > I had the misfortune to go in there last week.  What a truly horrible
> > pub - why on earth has it been chosen?  The place deserves to go out of
> > business.  Surly staff, poor selection of drinks, inedible food - need I
> > go on?
> >
> > Please relocate somewhere nicer!
> >
> > Chris
> >

> I have heard or read the same about every pub I can think of :-)
>
> You could at least have suggested a place to start a proper flame war.
>
> Back to topic, how are we to find the group? Or is another failing  of
the pub to be pretty small? :-)

If looking for the slightly awkward guys with beards in the dark corners of
the pub isn't enough of a clue for you then I also have a small Tux plushy
that you can look out for.

We're also right at the back where the projector is. If you walk in the
front door from old street, walk straight to the back, via the bar. If you
hit a wall you've gone too far.

Matt