[GLLUG] X issue with mouse cursor

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Sep 20 19:01:51 UTC 2012

On 20 Sep 2012, Ben Whyall verbalised:

> Wonder if anyone can help me here.  I am running Debian unstable and just
> recently started experiencing odd corruption of the mouse cursor, where it
> becomes a vertical line of repeated cursors.
>
> The cursor still works if I use the top of the cursor as the active point.
>
> Restarting X and restarting the display manager make no difference the
> only way I have found to fix it so far is to restart the machine.
>
> Any ideas on what might be causing the issue or even where to look ?

Almost certainly a bug either in kernel modesetting or in X.org's video
driver.

You want to report it in the X.org bugzilla on freedesktop.org (which
bug component depends on your video card), and/or as a bug against the
appropriate video driver package in Debian (and they will reflect it
upstream to the freedesktop.org bz).

--
NULL && (void)