[GLLUG] Got an 32-bit UEFI-only Atom Intel System-on-chip machine?

Dmitrijs Ledkovs xnox at debian.org
Thu Aug 1 11:37:31 UTC 2013

So at the moment, neither Debian nor Ubuntu boot on 32-bit UEFI-only
Atom Intel System-on-chip machines. It's mostly the fancy
tablet/laptop convertibles with windows 8 with Atom chip inside.

More models listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_(system_on_chip)

Do you have one of those machines? Would you trust me to tinker with
it a bit to try installing ubuntu on it?

I'd like to try creating a bootable image to install Ubuntu on those,
but I don't have any of those machines and they don't look attractive
enough for me to buy one, just to play with grub-efi ;-)

Regards,

Dmitrijs.