[GLLUG] Alternative to Google web mail ?

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 00:10:49 UTC 2013

Yes I am one of those who are sick of Gmail new compose option which
just defaultly top posts and is a horrible UI experience .

Keeping that aside , I was always happy with Gmail and its UI with
seamless chat integration and cloud storage with an excellent search
algorithm running on emails .

^ Having said that above, Yes its running on a cloud and there are
contextual ads and I am pretty sure added to NSA even google is mining
my data , the advantages of switching didnt seem great those days when
webmail aren't so great .

What are the alternatives to have a web based mail client ?

I like thunderbird , but what about running a mail client on a server
which is web based ?

I did use roundcube which is ok and squirrelmail which is not that
great, also appreciate the fact that roundcube has come a long way .

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri