[GLLUG] Initialising /sys

Hearns, John john.hearns at mclaren.com
Mon Jul 15 09:38:41 UTC 2013

Hi Alain

An alternative might be to use the 'isolcpus=' kernel commandline parameter to isolate
all cpus above 0 from the scheduler. When you want to run a task on one of these cpus start it
with the 'taskset' command.

Regards
Paul

Sounds interesting.

Again from HPC it is common to use cpusets (which are a subset of cgroups).
On a large machine you create a ‘boot cpuset’ which contains the system processes in a small number of cores.
The user jobs are run on the other cores by creating cpusets for each job, then destroying them at the end of a job.

I’ve been thinking on doing a talk on cpusets for some time – I find it quite interesting anyway!

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient you should not read, copy, retransmit or disclose its contents.
If you have received this email in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either by email or telephone.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views held by McLaren Racing Limited.
McLaren Racing Limited | McLaren Technology Centre | Chertsey Road | Woking | Surrey | GU21 4YH | UK | Company Number: 01517478