[GLLUG] Low power (and cheap) servers in a highish ambient temperature

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Jul 23 07:41:23 UTC 2013

On 07/22/2013 07:40 PM, Tom Taylor wrote:
> I need some hardware (not particularly powerful) capable of running a
> fairly mainstream Linux distro.
>
> The catch is that it needs to run in a fairly warm (up to 45degC) and
> dusty (so fans are a bad idea) environment.

The MSI built devices used extensively in the olpc implementations ( in
the XS role ) around the world run x86 CentOS/6 and work in ambient
temperatures of, I've seen myself, 43 Deg C atleast.

The box's are shaped like the shuttle pc's - but much smaller, and have
an external laptop like psu.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh