[GLLUG] What have BT done to our nearest cabinet?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Jul 26 13:01:03 UTC 2013

I've just been away for a few days and returned to noticed that BT seem
to have done some upgrade work on our nearest roadside telephone
cabinet.  A couple of the old, flat front doors have been removed and
replaced with doors that bulge outwards, adding perhaps 2-3" of extra
depth to the cabinet, plus they now have cooling fans which you can hear
running as you walk by.

Could this possibly be the long-awaited FTTC upgrade?  They upgraded our
exchange a year ago, but didn't bother to do the cabinets, so although
our exchange appears on the list of those with FTTC available, you can't
actually order it.

Anyone know whether this is what an FTTC upgrade looks like?

John