[GLLUG] Occasional Excessive Traffic Query

Leo McHugh quickfixmassage-contact at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 28 08:25:46 UTC 2013

Hi

I think I have the answer to this, which will probably confirm that I may have
been a bit dumb. So apologies if I wasted anyones time.

I had made the assumption that BitMeter would only monitor traffic entering and
leaving the network (i.e. through the router) but it is of course installed on
a machine so I'm guessing it would detect anything that goes over port 80 in
or out of the machine? This would include any Samba traffic, such as creating a
new backup?

I guess the trouble with teaching yourself is that you don't always do a good
job!

Thanks

Leo