[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Mar 5 21:02:10 UTC 2013

On 05/03/13 20:53, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> I want effective service and a
> worthwhile hell-desk rather than script-monkeys.  I'm happy to pay a
> realistic price (like Be charge me) but I don't want my packets
> inspected, routing restricted, downloads limited and morons on their
> phone lines.
>
> Be scored on all points.

As do A&A in my experience, but if you're happy with Be why not stay
with them?

> To get anything approaching similar from A&A, I'm looking at paying over
> TWICE as much and their downloads are limited!

Still not sure what you mean by "their downloads are limited".  Could
you clarify please?

Yes, they charge by usage, but unless you want to do large downloads
during the day the price is very reasonable.  (And if you can arrange
your large downloads for the middle of the night, their rates are
phenomenally cheap.)

John