[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Wed Mar 6 23:05:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I like this thread with experiences and opinions.

On Mar/06/2013, Christopher Hunter wrote:

[...]

> I frequently work at home.  I need to transport lots of large manuals,
> diagrams (and, frequently, video instructions too).  My home network
> provision covers several computers, a couple of Android phones, an
> Android tablet, a NAS box, a back-up NAS box, a Raspberry Pi print
> server, a suite of test instruments (that are all network connected) and
> a burglar alarm.  I also make plenty of use of VOIP.

May I suggest to move your bed to the datacenter, instead of the
datacenter to your home? :-)) </joking>

It has been said here: one year ago I moved my small server (mail, some
webs, etc.) to a VPS. A good movement! I have more freedom to change the
ADSL provider without thinking about static IPs or other things. And
without getting worried "if the ADSL is down", electricity, etc.

I know that sometimes this is not possible (e.g. NAS at home, alarms,
etc.)

Regards,

--
Carles Pina i Estany