[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Mar 7 06:57:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 06:29 +0000, John Winters wrote:
> > On 6 March 2013 18:32, Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org
> > <mailto:cehunter at gb-x.org>> wrote:
> [snip]
> >     My fibre is being installed on Friday.  I'm going to get a proper
> >     service at about a fifth of the A&A prices, with better QoS and REAL
> >     guarantees rather than vague promises.
>
> FTTC for £6/month and good QoS?  If you believe that then I've got a
> bridge I'd like to sell you.
>
> John

Base cost is ~£28 / 28 days.  A&A for the "same" level of service (and a
significantly inferior connection speed) is >£140 / month.

Still, back in Finland, I get a real fibre connection into my flat.  The
down rate is >200Mb/s - actually faster than many machines can handle.
The cost is just under £7 / month.  That's a truly realistic price, but
they don't have the infrastructure nightmares that we have in this
ageing city.

C.