[GLLUG] Broadband/cable provider [OT]

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Mar 8 13:40:11 UTC 2013

On 7 Mar 2013, Jason Clifford uttered the following:
> As for possible replacements by experience with C&W is that their LLU
> network is OK when it works but when there are problems they take a long
> time to resolve and far too much effort. CPW/TalkTalk do not offer real
> unlimited on their LLU platform to my knowledge. That covers O2/Be, C&W and
> CPW. Sky don't currently offer a viable wholesale product and I don't think
> one would fit well into their model. I would not touch Tiscali with a barge
> poll. All the other operators offering LLU are so small as to be irrelevant.

Yeah, well, since I'm only a(n indirect) wholesale customer, all I'm
really concerned about is that they get my packets to A&A without adding
huge amounts of latency or dropping too many. BT routinely mess this up,
hence the second line in the first place. :)

--
NULL && (void)