[GLLUG] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H does not post

Dmitrijs Ledkovs xnox at debian.org
Fri Mar 15 00:38:36 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I just joined this mailing list and I hope somebody can help me with
my new self-built PC.

I got:

Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
Coolermaster Elite 430 All Black Case With Elite 500W PSU
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
32GB (4 x 8GB) Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 DIMM CL9 Black

It does not boot, no graphics output, no bios, only very short beeps
(almost like a crack) from the pc speaker every 5 seconds.

I contacted their support and they said that maybe I should try "Sandy
Bridge" cpu, boot, upgrade bios, change back to my i7 3770 (Ivy
Bridge).

So I got:
Intel Celeron G440 1.60GHz Socket LGA1155 Processor - Retail

And that didn't boot either.

Now the last two components that I can swap out is: PSU and memory.

Does anyone have spare PSU and/or DDR3 memory and are willing to meet
up and try booting?

I can't really spend more money and buy additional PSU and additional RAM.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.