[GLLUG] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H does not post

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 07:03:25 UTC 2013

On Mar 15, 2013 12:38 AM, "Dmitrijs Ledkovs" <xnox at debian.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I just joined this mailing list and I hope somebody can help me with
> my new self-built PC.
>
> I got:
>
> Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
> Coolermaster Elite 430 All Black Case With Elite 500W PSU
> Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX
Motherboard
> 32GB (4 x 8GB) Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 DIMM CL9 Black
>
> It does not boot, no graphics output, no bios, only very short beeps
> (almost like a crack) from the pc speaker every 5 seconds.

Describe the beeps better. These are called bios beep codes and tell you
what is wrong.

If the beeps are a recognizable pattern, the cpu is fine.

Try inserting only one ram chip, then only the other on. one of them might
be faulty.
Also check that the cmos battery is inserted correctly, and make sure the
cmos clear jumper is set to "not clear"
I had a motherboard arrive which would not boot unless a jumper was
removed. No mention of it in the manual.