[GLLUG] Maybe OT - Fail2ban and what triggers it

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 09:19:34 UTC 2013

On 18 March 2013 07:39, Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:

> Interesting - to me anyway....

And to me, Ken. I spend a sizable portion of time poring over log
files looking at ssh attempts. I also see
a high number of attacks from the GFW, but am less interested in their
geographical location than the
fact that they happen at all. Luckily the boxes in question are only
available to a small user set ( for ssh only)
so after months of arguing the toss with colleagues, I have moved ssh
to another port. There are now almost
no login attempts although fail2ban is still in place, and I sleep
somewhat easier.

Tid.