[GLLUG] Hi all.. question about hardware purchasing..

Bilal Qayum bilalqayum at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 17:36:11 UTC 2013

> Hey there Bilal, welcome to the list.
>
> I've only just delurked so you're in good company :-)
>
> I recently purchased two laptops and had exactly the same dilemma. My
> approach involved a bit of legwork but it paid off in the end. I'll
> reel it off in bullet point order (I'm lazy like that):

Many thanks for the replies all, I didn't mean to repeat the tired
meme that it's a pain to find and configure compatible hardware, I've
had brilliant experiences, but rather with laptops in particular I've
just had some little niggles here and there which really add up over
time and that I'd love to get rid of. Thanks Imran esp. for the tip on
linlap.com, it's a brilliant resource, and for the tip on Acer and
Lenovo also.

I know this might seem like basic issues but I'm a pretty
non-technical user, As a Politics undergrad I was initially attracted
by the philosophy but stuck around as I enjoyed learning more and
tweaking, and often breaking, things.