[GLLUG] Help with Centos: old disks in new PC

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 13:07:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 09, 2013 at 12:46:04PM +0000, Jan Henkins wrote:
> Hello Alain,
>
> Did you reinstall grub? Could be that the new system enumerates the drives differently.

I did not reinstall grub. I do not believe that it is a grub problem, grub
starts and loads the kernel which then starts. Disks (file systems) are
identified to the kernel by UUID.

The new CD is connected via SATA, the one in the old machine was IDE. I do not
think that this is the problem.

Thanks

--
Alain Williams