[GLLUG] RAID1 and Debian 7.2.0 installer

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Oct 14 12:48:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:26:01 +0100, "Martin A. Brooks"
<martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
[snip]
> Software RAID always seems more trouble than it's worth. I think I gave
up
> partitioning disks beyond "1 partition" sometime towards the middle of
> last decade.

Surely those are two independent issues?  Using RAID and using lots of
separate partitions are two quite separate things.

Personally, I tend to make almost the whole of each disk a single
partition, combine them with RAID1, then use as required with LVM.

John