[GLLUG] Impossible to post new threads

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Tue Sep 3 17:27:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 04:37:54PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
<snip>
> I wonder if whoever owns gllug.org.uk could point it at lug.org.uk?
> Looking at the WHOIS record I'm not sure who that would be though.

The whois records say Positive Internet, several of whom were members
of the old list and often recruited from it. I suspect that one of
them renewed the domain as a favour to stop someone else grabbing it.

If there can be shown that there is a consensus to make a change then
an email to support at positive-internet.com for attention of Jake
Jellinek or Nick Cohen with a link to posts in the mail archive may be
enough.

At the very least the Registrant Address for the domain needs to be
updated. 24 Ganton Street is now used by a retro fashion store:
	http://www.sherrys.co.uk/about_us/about_us_index.html

> As an interim measure, if someone could track down Jason Clifford he
> might be persuaded to add a mail forward on mx1.ukfsn.org and
> mxbackup.ukpost.com for gllug<at>gllug.org.uk to
> gllug<at>mailman.lug.org.uk, as those are the current MX records for
> gllug.org.uk.

A DNS change would probably be easier to make than a mail forward.