[GLLUG] Fedora 18 or 19?

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Sep 9 12:30:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 05:06:17PM +0100, Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> I'm running Fedora 16 at home and Fedora 17 at work.  Updates are no
> longer available, so it looks like an upgrade is imminent.
>
> Which version would you recommend?

It's always a problem to know which version of Fedora is a
"good" one and which is a bum note (hello F14).  In this case,
Fedora 19 is a good one, and Fedora 20 is shaping up to be
even better.

In any case to upgrade from Fedora 17 -> 19 you should use 'fedup'
which is a great little tool that Just Works.  Basically:

  sudo fedup --network 19

and follow the instructions.

For Fedora 16 you'll have to follow the instructions here:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_from_EOL_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_16_-.3E_Fedora_17

They're a bit tricky, but I've run through them many times and they
do work.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones