[GLLUG] Broadband: Bethere -> Sky

Matthew Copperwaite mattcopp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:03:36 UTC 2014

On 7 April 2014 08:29, T Menezes <tm.onthemove at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Is anyone using Be ISP and going through with the move to Sky?
>
> I have been with Be at home for a few years and I am a very happy
> customer. I would like to ask people their views on Sky and possible
> alternatives.
>
> Thanks
> TM
>
> --

So I was on O2 and Sky offered us an insanely good deal if we switched
before the merger was complete. So we took it. I have to say being owned by
Murdoch hasn't been too bad so far. The router is pants, I use it as a
bridge for my WRT54 (I couldn't get my DrayTek ADSL modem to work on the
Sky line) speed has been acceptable for my podcast but have yet to deal
with their technical side.

So it's OK, but I couldn't recommend it unless you get an insanely good
deal.

Matt