[GLLUG] Broadband: Bethere -> Sky

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 10:21:19 UTC 2014

On 07/04/14 10:46, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 09:24:39AM +0100, John Winters wrote:
>> On 07/04/14 09:05, michael norman wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> FWIW I went with BT Infinity and have no complaints whatever, many
>>> others do I know.
>>
>> My main complaint about BT Infinity is that our local exchange
>> (about 500m away) has been shown as AO (Accepting Orders) for nearly
>> two years now, but one still can't order it.  They did the exchange,
>> but they didn't do the cabinets.  It is apparently impossible to get
>> any information on when they plan to finish the job.  All the
>> on-line information concentrates on just the exchanges, so as far as
>> that's concerned we can get it.
>
> Have you had a look at this page?
>
> http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/buy-it-now/
>
> Type your post code into the box at right.  It should show your
> exchange, cabinet number, and give the status of both.

No, it only shows the exchange.  This is the site which I've been using,
and it has shown the exchange as AO for nearly two years now.

If however, you try to place an order you find you can't because they
haven't done the cabinets.  It seems that no information is available on
when they propose to do those.

John