[GLLUG] Does any virtualisation system provide good support for USB device forwarding?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Tue Apr 8 10:28:55 UTC 2014

On 08/04/14 10:59, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> The documentation for KVM is here:
>
>    http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/USB_Host_Device_Assigned_to_Guest

Ah - thank you.  I'd searched for that without success.  I kept being
directed back to the non-existent page.

Initial experiments with KVM are promising.  I have the advantage that
the USB device needs some firmware loading.  Currently the host is
looking at it, sniffing that it doesn't have any firmware, and leaving
it alone.  I've reached the point where my KVM VM then boots, sees the
device and loads the firmware.

Now to see whether I can get KVM running a headless VM.

John