[GLLUG] Small Form Factor PC

Paul Hewlett phewlett76 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 05:20:48 UTC 2014

I have been using a raspberry pi with xbmc with some success. However the
interface is very laggy and have been investigating a replacement recently.
I also have a shuttle PC but would not recommend it as the wired Ethernet
drivers for Linux are problematic.

An Intel nuc seems like a good idea. Alternatives are the zotac range or
the gigabyte bric.

Zotac have recently announced the cs1540 which looks good but I cannot
currently find any sellers.

Tranquil PC make a very nice case for Intel nuc board.

One warning , it is very easy to come up with something that is expensive.
The Intel nuc boards are not cheap.

I have bought a Solidrun Cubox i4 pro for just less than £100 and plan to
put xbmc on it to see how it works.

Paul