[GLLUG] Samsung Printers

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.org.uk
Mon Aug 25 22:49:38 UTC 2014

On 25/08/14 15:35, Tom Taylor wrote:

> Apparently it has support for "Various Linux".  I'm just wondering if
> anyone has any experience (good or bad) of Samsung/Linux or has knowledge
> of a printer that does all of the above really well for <£200.

I'm very boring on the subject of printing, I just go to the HP website
and pick the features I want. Doing that for your spec results in the
Laserjet Pro colour 200, at £175 + VAT:-

https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=CF144A&opt=B19&sel=BPRN

Print/copy/scan/fax, 600dpi, wireless, etc,etc. Supported on numerous
Linux variants, HPUX, and Solaris 8/9. Distro support listed at:-

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/color_laserjet/hp_laserjet_200_colormfp_m276n.html

HP have supported Linux and contributed properly for a long time now,
and do less stupid "smart drivers" than most others. I tend to think
it's worth supporting that by buying their products. YMMV.

Mike