[GLLUG] New subscriber

Matthew Copperwaite mattcopp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 17:40:33 UTC 2014

On 10 December 2014 at 17:10, Michael Kingsnorth <
digitalvortex at aperimail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been in London for the last couple of years and have been trying to
> track down an active LUG.
>
> Do you guys meet up at all?
>
> regards,
>
> Michael

Hi Michael, I've been the one taking up the slack at the moment with GLLUG
however lately my spare time has been heavily skewed towards setting up
South London Makerspace.

The last meet I set up a meet in the Makerspaces first space (before it had
to close) was back in the summer and was sadly quite poorly attended.

I've said many times I am happy to help anyone who wants to sort out an
event, I've got lots of contacts and venues, it just needs time to sort it
out where and when and announce it. No one as yet has taken me up on it.

London Hack Space had a recent post about setting up a L/Unix community
which you might want to keep an eye on. I'm not sure if they're opening it
up wider than members yet though.

I really hope I can find time to get things going again, but it won't be
this year.

Matt