[GLLUG] Am I over-reacting to this?

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 12:45:01 UTC 2014

On 18/01/14 11:24, Christopher Hunter wrote:

> On 18/01/14 00:53, Steve Parker wrote:
>>>>
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03pmbjg
>> I have now listened to it, so you don't have to. <sigh>Feels like a
>> 1980s BBC programme about what might happen with IT.</sigh>
>
> Why do they bother?  They have no real clue, and their standards of
> journalism are appalling - it's as if they really don't want to know -
> the idea of actually learning anything is anathema to them!  Why don't
> they ask some journalists with some actual technical savvy to contribute?
>
> Pah!
>
> Chris

I gave up expecting anything sensible from the bbc on any sort of tech
stuff a long time ago.

The only mainstream journalist who writes properly on these matters is
John Naughton in the Observer.  And don't get me started on the
Guardian's coverage either in particular the pipe smoking idiot Jack
Scofield.

This from a lifelong (45 years) Guardian reader and admirer of the BBC,
woolly leftie in fact.

Mike