[GLLUG] WAS: Re: Am I over-reacting to this?

Jean van Wyngaardt gabrieldrumming at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:54:44 UTC 2014

I'd imagine ISP's are only going to make the news more often nowadays. Its never good to have a router which can be exploited without much skill, especially when the responsibility falls on the ISP to protect its clients confidentiality and online safety with the equipment they're providing.

Another thing which bothers me a lot with companies like Virgin Media is how they advertise an Unlimited Broadband Service, yet every client who wants to connect to VPN requires a person like me to log on and allow VPN through. I'm starting to also discover that they block loads of ports for no reason, example would be 4500 for L2TP VPN, I tried to setup a server on my home connection and no matter what settings or routers I tried, 4500 refuses to open. Reading through forums, this is a massive problem not limited to just 4500, but many other ports.

ISP's should seriously shift their marketing from 'Unlimited' to 'Limited', because its not as advertised. Its complete bullshit.

Jean

Jean van Wyngaardt

07599 428068
info at jeangabriel.co.uk