[GLLUG] Is 2 dead pixels grounds for returning new monitor?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Jan 23 15:10:16 UTC 2014

On 23 January 2014 09:02, Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:
> I have recently (within the last month) bought a new monitor. In the last
> week, I have noticed two dead pixels. Should I consider this grounds to
> return the unit for replacement?

Anecdote..

My neighbour bought a Macbook laptop some time ago, it came with one
dead pixel. He called them up and asked for it to be swapped. They
refused and said they allow a certain percentage of them to be dead.
He asked for a refund, which they obliged with. At the end of the call
the agent said "Is there anything else I can help with?". He said
"Yes, I'd like to buy a laptop please". The courier took away the old
one and brought a new one. He went through this dance 5 times before
he got one with no dead pixels. :S

Cheers,
Al.