[GLLUG] RedHat spooked ?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Jul 11 17:52:21 UTC 2014

On 3 Jul 2014, James Courtier-Dutton outgrape:

> Hi,
>
> I am pretty sure that Redhat does not have any more vulnerabilities
> than any other Linux based distro.
> The spooks probably use various Linux distros, including Redhat,
> internally anyway, so why would they want to introduce problems for
> themselves?

My understanding (from publically available sources) is that the NSA's
attitude is that this would be fine, because anything they introduced,
only they would have access to, so it would be no problem to run the
same systems themselves. (You'd think this assumed that the NSA was
smarter than everyone else on earth put together, but what it really
assumes is that whatever they introduce would need some sort of crypto
authentication that only the NSA had the keys to.)

(aside: all this suspicion of Richard, and none of me? I'm touched!)

--
NULL && (void)