[GLLUG] DNS help please

David Colon dcolon at dcolon.org
Tue Jun 3 16:22:13 UTC 2014

The simple solution is to turn the TTL of the A and MX records down to a
low value like 60. When you are ready to cut over, set an MX 0 record
pointing to the new email server. I wouldn't bother having a second MX
record pointing to the old server unless you want to use it in the event
the primary is down or unreachable.

David
http://tech.dcolon.org