[GLLUG] Upgrade Fedora 19 to 20?

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Wed Jun 11 10:47:53 UTC 2014

On 11/06/2014 11:41, Mick Farmer wrote:
> What is considered the "current" version of Fedora?

20 is the current release AFAIK.  I heard that 21 is going to be delayed
slightly (longer than the usual 6 month release cycle) to allow for a
major change.

> In other words,
> should I upgrade from version 19 to version 20?

I have 20 on my desktop and 19 on my laptop, I don't think it makes a
lot of difference at this point.  I'm slower upgrading my laptop because
I use it more and don't want to risk breaking anything (particularly the
power management to do with the Nvidia Optimus setup), but the upgrade
from 19 to 20 on the desktop was mostly painless with fedup.

Rob