[GLLUG] problem with grub

Ben Whyall ben at whyall-systems.co.uk
Fri Mar 14 09:12:46 UTC 2014

On 14/03/2014 09:05, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Fri 14 Mar, Ben Whyall wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Its Debian unstable not recently installed but possibly the first time
>> its been rebooted since kernel upgrade.  Although none of the old
>> kernels boot either.
>>
>> Interestingly when you look at the blkid that uuid exists its one of the
>> inactive lvm logical volumes.
>>
>> Ben
>>

>     Have you tried updating grub?
>     Not sure whether this is relevant. There has been some frenzied activity
> relating to Debian Testing and Unstable because even the installer discs
> have given problems. It seems that in an attempt to check other possible
> locations the correct location is sometimes missed and/or there is a hang.

Hi

I have tried updating grub but not managed to get it to run
successfully.  I have not managed to get to a point where I have the
boot partition and enough of the lvm partitions available to be able to
update grub.

How would I go about getting to a point where I can run the update-grub
with the relevant file systems up ?

Ben