[GLLUG] Fedora SSH Problem

Tom Taylor tom at tommyt.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 22:19:13 UTC 2014

To expand on that, forward and reverse DNS (if present) should match. If
they don't, it should be pretty obvious in the auth or secure log in
/var/log that they're something funky about your hostname.

I've had that in the past when I was given a new IP range from BT and they
hadn't cleaned up the old PTR records from the previous owner.