[GLLUG] Firefox OS

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:13:33 UTC 2014

On 18 November 2014 21:20, Leo <lists at boywithwings.co.uk> wrote:
> Is anyone here using Firefox OS? I've been using the ZTE Open C with version
> 1.3 for a few months now with only minor annoyances (it was only £40).

I had a ZTE Open older version which came with 1.0 .

Using some builds available ( at that time from mozilla itself)
I flashed
1.1 - Very stable and recommended even by ZTE itself
1.2 - Broken
1.3 - A bit stable and has new features

After this there were no builds and I had to build myself
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Building_and_installing_Firefox_OS
1.4 Quite stable and usable
2.1 something - New features , UI is quite cool
2.2+ Stability and some minor UI changes.

Overall I think lot of things are improving day by day. Unfortunately
my ZTE Open Touch screen has problems recognising it and broken.

If anyone is interested I would suggest the developer reference phone
called FLAME where you can change the RAM size and test the apps
performance.
Update: There is feedback being collected in B2G dev list about FLAME
, guess a new device is going to come for developers !
Watch out http://asadotzler.com/ for some free mozilla devices for testing.

Regards,
Pavithran

--