[GLLUG] Is there any sane reason to do this? (Database question.)

Steve Parker steve at steve-parker.org
Wed Oct 8 23:42:54 UTC 2014

On 08/10/14 19:59, Tim Woodall wrote:
> I want to know what was wrong with the fourth and ninth of January
> after the millennium.
>
> Given that the table appeared to be populated all the way to 2031, one
> would assume there was some sort of algorithm for 'invalid' days.
>
> Tim.

Indeed. It's not that Tuesdays and Sundays are taboo, because in 2031,
there is a clear run of six consecutive days.
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?d1=3&m1=1&y1=2000&d2=4&m2=5&y2=2031&ti=on
says that there are 11,445 days between index "1" and index "10387", so
there are 1,058 missing days from this 31-and-a-bit years. That's just
over a month of each year missing.