[GLLUG] OT: recommend sturdy laptop bag?

T Menezes tm.onthemove at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 21:15:30 UTC 2014

I suppose I can only say that the Briggs&Riley bag is sturdy enough for me
and how I use it: I commute daily to the office by tube, train and a 15min
walk. The rucksack is my companion Monday to Friday. Now and then I have
business trips to the US when the bag has to core with extra loads.

On my commute, the bag rests on the floor of the tube, summer & winter.
During the 15min walk I carry an umbrella if it's raining so it doesn't
usually get soaked.

I have never had a problem with the stitching on the underside.

The current bag feels solid, I find the material hard wearing and the zips
never snag. The only thing I would say is that the shoulder straps seem to
be wider than you would normally expect (but aren't uncomfortable).

Good luck with the bag hunting
TM