[GLLUG] Postgres Cracking the safe

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Apr 7 19:09:29 UTC 2015

Andrew Beverley wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 18:15 +0100, Ken Smith wrote:
>
> {snip}
> - trust, which basically means allow anybody to connect
>

> {snip}
> In pg_hba.conf:
>
> # Allow any local user access
> local   all             postgres                    trust
>
> Then:
>
>      psql -U ken db_name<  dump.sql

I'm sure if I put in the time to RTFM I would come to appreciate the
strengths of the design. I have switched it over to "trust" and I can
now look round the database tables, with phpPgAdmin, that I've imported
and try to get the hang of the schema that database.

Many Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.