[GLLUG] [opensuse] Covert image of wave to audio

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu May 14 17:30:45 UTC 2015

On 14/05/15 17:55, Jan Henkins wrote:
> Hello Dylan,
>
> On 2015-05-14 10:53, Dylan wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I reckon this is a long shot, but here goes...
>>
>> I have a copy of a recent ECG which I would like to extract into a
>> usable form. Basically, I'd be looking for a program which would take
>> the image file of the trace and output a wav (or other suitable
>> filetype) analogous to an OCR program 'reading' an image to text. Does
>> anyone know of any such software, or even something which would allow
>> me to do it manually?
>>
>> Thanks for any pointers
>
> Wow, that is quite a humdinger. There are plenty programs available to
> do the reverse, in other words create an ECG graph from a recorded
> hartbeat. If you have the file in one of the (proprietary) file formats
> like .ecg or similar, then you might stand a slim chance. I do not know
> of any tool that can re-digitise graphical data.

I got the solution from another list... I was approaching the problem
from the wrong direction - there are plenty of applications to
semi-automatically extract digital data from graphs and once the point
co-ordinates are known any further processing becomes trivial.

I actually want to derive an animation F-curve from it, so it doesn't
need to be particularly accurate.