[GLLUG] Recommendations for computer repair in North London

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 09:25:54 UTC 2016

I've replaced the thermal compound on 2 friends' laptops recently when they
were experiencing similar symptoms. I googled videos first for the exact
model and 'replace thermal compound' and bought a small tube of compound
off ebay. The worst aspect is getting all the screws out. You have to
scrape the old compound off carefully and don't use a metal edge for this -
cut up an old plectrum, or in my case, and old credit card. Clean the fan
with a soft brush gently as well as the fan exhaust.

Tid