[GLLUG] Suggestion for 3rd party spam killers

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 14:49:13 UTC 2016

On 22 Feb 2016 11:56, "Andy McGarty" <andy at mac1systems.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> There was a subscriber on here who ran a service to kill off spam. Anyone
know if he is still around?

> If not a mate has a 2 man band and is getting inundated with spam. Anyone
suggest a service to filter out the spam before it gets to their mail
server that is cost effective for a two man band.

Depending on the csp, most provide a spam filter service. That will
probably be the cheapest. I run clamav on an email server i have at home,
and that rejects a lot of stuff.
If things have got really bad, a whitelist might be needed. I use this to
filter incoming emails also.
So i have 2 inboxes. One is the whitelist one, the other is everything else
after clamav has done its work and rejected the really bad stuff.