[GLLUG] Will the sale of ARM Holdings be blocked by the UK government?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 09:49:42 UTC 2016

On 19/07/16 08:42, Christopher Hunter via GLLUG wrote:
> As a shareholder, I'm certainly FOR the deal.  As a British citizen, I'm
> also for it - the incoming investment will grow the company
> significantly and allow them to hire more real talent.

I wonder what the last foreign company Britain purchased was? I wonder what the last UK company that a British consortium purchased was?

We're just seeing the Woolworth's syndrome all over again. Everyone laments its situation but nobody wants to put their hands in their pocket for it.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

IRC: dick_turpin @ freenode.net
https://twitter.com/dick_turpin
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk
https://plus.google.com/100694334141523232451/posts
Podcast: http://tdtrs.co.uk

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."