[GLLUG] SSH SOCKS proxy encrypted tunnel for 3G/4G mobile connections on iPhones and iOS

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Mon May 9 07:22:25 UTC 2016

Hello Piers,

While creating an SSH tunnel is sure to work in the end, I propose that you have a look at setting up OpenVPN instead. Since I do not use Apple products I cannot be of direct help, but here is a blog post that seems to be a good place to start your investigation:

https://www.stevesell.com/?p=36

With a setup like this you could route all IP traffic through the VPN, so you won't have to set up a proxy server.

Regards,
Jan Henkins