[GLLUG] Recycling computers with Linux

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Nov 10 08:48:23 UTC 2016

On 10/11/16 08:08, Marcus Harriott via GLLUG wrote:
[snip]
> Im a newbie to Linux and still struggling a bit.....
> Do i understand that you have redundant laptops with linux installed? I
> have a PC for my mail running linux (unsuccessfully at the moment) and i
> want to experiment with a linux (only) laptop to be run alongside my mac
> while i get my head around linux. I dont want to spend £5-800 (which is
> what the entry level to linux seems to be) and installing linux myself
> on a laptop is very difficult (BIOS locks these days)

As an alternative suggestion, a second-hand Lenovo ThinkPad can be had
for £150-350 and I find they are generally excellent at running Linux.

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/
http://www.tier1online.com/

I have no connection with either company.

If you can be more specific about your problems with your Linux mail
server, I've no doubt there are many people on this list who can help you.

Cheers,
John